Sharpe’s Food Market’s
Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Sharpe’s Food Market is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
- Fees will not be charged for support persons
- Will be charged to the support person for admission to Sharpe’s Food Market premises.
We will notify customers of this through a notice posted on our premises and our employee hand book.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Sharpe’s Food Market will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at the main entrance to Sharpe’s Food Market.
Sharpe’s Food Market will provide training to employees and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
Sharpe’s Food Market customer service representatives, sales associates, managers etc.
This training will be provided to staff as part of their orientation and be in the company hand book.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Sharpe’s Food Market plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the wheelchair lifts, etc., available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Sharpe’s Food Market’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Sharpe’s Food Market provides goods and services to people with disabilities can e-mail, verbally, suggestion box or Face book.
All feedback, including complaints, will be forwarded to the appropriate Manager and Store manager with store manager to respond directly to complainant.
Customers can expect to hear back in 1 week.
Notice of availability
Sharpe’s Food Market will notify the public that our policies are available upon request by posting them on your website, or posting a notice in the front of your store.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Sharpe’s Food Market that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Sharpe Foods LTD.
Trade name (Sharpe’s food Market)